Hello there, lovelies! Let me reintroduce myself.
My name is Sarah, and I’m a 16 year-old teenager currently living in Florida. Last year I attempted to keep myself from succumbing to the deep reaches of boredom that becomes inevitable when summer vacation rolls around. In order to accomplish this massive feat, I created a summer bucket list of 104 things to do to stay occupied. Guess what? It worked.
That’s why I have decided to return for another unpredictable summer. You’ll notice some familiar list items from last summer, of which I either found to be worthy of resurrecting or left as unfinished business. Others are just slightly modified. Others still are brand-spanking new.
Starting May 4th, I’ll have 109 days of summer vacation.
109 days –>;;; 109 list items.
So without further ado, I present…
The Bucket List 2012
1. Create a summer mix tape/playlist.
2. Eat at Hooters.
3. Go downtown to take photos.
4. Spend an entire day with my little brother.
5. Silly string fight.
6. Write a complaint/satisfaction letter to see if they’ll send free stuff.
7. Record someone’s life story.
8. Convince someone I’m from a foreign country.
9. Wake up every morning before 7:30 a.m.
10. Water fight. Including but not limited to: balloons, guns, hoses, and buckets.
11. Kiss a stranger.
12. Buy a pair of TOMS.
13. Paint heart bookcase.
14. Participate in a charity event.
15. Buy an outfit at a secondhand store.
16. Buy a snapback.
17. Say ‘yes’ to everything for a day.
18. Make a new friend.
19. Run a 5k.
20. Attend a good concert.
21. Beach. Beach. Beach.
22. Watch Gone With the Wind.
23. Practice yoga.
24. Pull an all-nighter.
25. Compile a photography series.
26. Go rock climbing.
27. Open a shop on Etsy.
28. Play spin the bottle.
29. Use a Polaroid camera.
30. Go through a drive-thru backwards.
31. Get a “You Mad Bro?” shirt.
32. Participate in 30 Hour Famine.
33. Apply for at least 5 scholarships.
34. Become an expert at something.
35. Attempt surfing.
36. Climb a tree.
37. Eat at Andy’s.
38. Warped Tour.
39. Host a bonfire.
40. Customize a bikini.
41. Read at least 8 books.
42. Hold a garage sale.
43. Have my letter to the editor published.
44. Pick an official summer song.
45. Attempt the cinnamon challenge and post it on YouTube.
46. Create a recipe.
47. Make sun tea.
48. Hold a stranger’s hand on a roller coaster.
49. Destroy a “Wreck This Journal”
50. Spend a whole day barefoot.
52. Hold an Alfred Hitchcock movie marathon.
53. Leave my initials in wet concrete.
54. Play hide-and-seek in IKEA.
55. Decorate my bathroom.
56. Lay on a roof.
57. Go to the drive-in movies.
58. Spend the night in a car.
59. Leave Florida.
60. Pierce something.
61. Get a henna tattoo.
62. Hand out lemons while wearing a shirt that says “Life.”
63. Buy a pair of heart shaped sunglasses.
64. Play a game of poker with real money.
65. Eat at Denny’s past midnight.
66. Experiment with helium.
67. Go to the mall with a “Free Hugs” sign.
68. Eat a snowcone.
69. Set off an illegal firework.
70. Have everyone I meet for a day sign my shirt.
71. Play dessert Twister.
72. See a play/musical.
73. Go for a midnight swim.
74. Throw a message-in-a-bottle into the ocean.
75. Celebrate a foreign holiday the way the natives do.
76. Get a tan tattoo.
77. Stargaze for hours.
78. Have a conversation with a stranger at a stoplight.
79. Buy a supply of Lip Smackers.
80. Sticky note a car.
81. Watch “500 Days of Summer.”
83. Do a Chinese fire drill at a stoplight.
84. Visit a museum.
85. Visit an aquarium.
86. Drive around with a “Honk If…” saying painted on my windows.
87. Watch “The Bucket List.”
88. Do something nice for my professor.
89. Get a chain of 15 people to walk like an Egyptian with me.
91. Attempt kayaking.
92. Recreate a creation on Epic Meal Time.
93. Make vegan cupcakes.
94. See an R-rated movie at the theatre before I turn 17.
95. See an R-rated movie at the theatre after I turn 17.
96. Read a cheesy romantic paperback.
97. Eat nothing but cold cereal for a day.
98. Use public transportation.
99. Pay for a stranger’s meal.
100. Own a pair of yoga pants/shorts.
101. Have a conversation with somebody on a random chat generator.
102. Yell at the top of my lungs.
103. Tan on the roof of my car in a random parking lot.
104. Get my license.
105. Cook a healthy meal for my family.
106. Learn how to say the alphabet backwards.
107. Build a sandcastle.
108. Get a job.
109. Create a video depicting the results of Summer 2012.
For me, last summer was all about making it count… Now the stakes are higher than ever. My senior year marks the end of the beginning, and that ending starts with this summer. The time to throw away my inhibitions and be carefree is now. I’m not letting anything hold me back.
I’m ready. Are you?
Love & Summer,
P.S. Plus, I’m adding a GWTS Tumblr! Check it out on my Contact page. It’s a little barren right now, but keep checking back for updates!